Your safety is important during work hours or personal time. Here are a few helpful tips for using safety horns.
Industrial Proper Use of Safety Horns
Feel safe while on the job. At a construction site, industrial environment or outside, these few quick tips may help you minimize injury:
- Place in easily viewable areas of the building.
- In areas of high potential emergency issues, make sure Safety Alarm Station is mounted in reach if when needed.
- Proper use in areas with heavy noise may require longer blast or series of blasts.
- Make sure signal is received by viewing employees in immediate and distant to horn blast.
- Do not blast within 10 yards of human ears.
Personal Emergency Use of Safety Horns
Feel safe while jogging, shopping, biking or any time you need the reassurance knowing help is a signal blast away. Here are a few quick tips on proper use:
- Use short quick bursts. If necessary, hold for longer use to deter an attack or to get help.
Keep in easy to reach bag, on belt or nearby when hiking, walking, biking or camping.